Below, you will find the following resources:
Holiday Homework for Incoming Grade 11 Business Management Students
· Explain the role of entrepreneurship in overall business activity
· Distinguish between the primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary sectors
· Analyze reasons for starting up a business or an enterprise
· Explain problems that a new business or enterprise may face
The purpose of this assignment is:
· Introduce you to the first topic of the Business Management syllabus.
· Give you an opportunity to do research on an entrepreneur you admire.
In this assignment you should select a person in Business who you admire. This person may be from any industry or country but they must have started their own business. However, you are not allowed to choose Steve Jobs or Jack Ma. You should research this person and write 500 – 750 words which includes the following
· Background to this person – what business(es) they have they set up etc.
· Motivation for setting up their business
· The steps they took to set up the business – e.g. where did they get the financing (cash) from
· What sector of the economy is their business in – primary, secondary or tertiary
· Any problems that they faced in setting up their business
· Why you admire this person
· Bibliography of any sources you use using MLA